The Judgeship of Puri started functioning from 15th July 1957 with its headquarters at Puri.
The District Court building was established on 25th April 1971. Spread over an area of 1,17,186 sq. ft., this building has 19 Court rooms.
The construction of D type Qrs. for Judicial Officers in Pipili at a cost of Rs. 22 lakhs was completed by R & B on 14th September, 2021.This building is ICT equipped.
Shri Bidyut Kumar Mishra was the Districts and Sessions Judge till 10th April 2021; Shri Santosh Kumar Jena From 13th April to 24th November 2021; Shri Dhaneswar Mallick took over on 24th November, 2021.